Sunday 18 November 2012

Odds and Ends...







wan·der·lust/: Noun: A strong desire to travel: "a man consumed by wanderlust".

Quirk. Fun. Travel. Experience. Laughter. Redwoods. Friends. Wilderness. Culture. Wildlife. Passion. Insanity. Health. Stress. Life. Wonder. Once-In-A-Lifetime.



Bits and Bobs...

So, a catch up update! Halloween has been and gone and we are now in November!
Halloween night itself wasn't massive for me, unfortunately. In a cruel twist of fate, (melodrama here...) my Marine Mammals graduate class had its mid semester exam the day after Halloween; so I couldn't really go out and party...which sucked. I did get all dressed up in my old school Sailor outfit and hang out with the internationals for a couple of hours; we took photos, goofed off and chilled. After that, lil' ol' Courtney had to go home and study. I definitely want to come back to America after I'm 21 and do Halloween properly...where I can actually go out, party, drink and have a good time. It was pretty cute though to see all the little kids all over Arcata running around in their Spiderman, Princess and Pirate costumes with their lolly bags. 







Got my exam done (I think I did pretty good....) and then finished the school week. The Friday night after Halloween, our whole apartment went out together for the first time; it was pretty awesome, however, Courtney was THAT girl this night. I didn't remember to take into account the fact that I haven't been drinking over here, so I merrily went on my way to consuming a large amount of my handle of vodka. I was absolutely amazing....until we got to the party (after navigating a crazy redneck with a giant stick trying to hit all of us kids). Then the vodka hit me. I got sent home in a taxi to be a very sick little girl. As always, I am all class. The next day was recovery. Lorea's friends from the Bay area were still here (five 18 year old guys came up for the weekend...) and one of them is a proffessional skateboarder. So we watched him skate our Hill of Death for a while, which was pretty cool.

After that, I went down into Arcata to watch a Rail Jam; Pacific Outfitters, the local outdoors store, had organised to dump a whole bunch of snow, and hold a boarding competition. It was pretty sweet watching all the guys go at it.






Other than that, there has been very little going on! Classes are getting intense as we get closer to finals, which are coming up quick!

But that's my little update for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment